Date: April 23rd 10.00-16.00
Venue: Saab EDS, Nettovägen 6, Järfälla
Scroll down for registration
10.00 Welcome and introduction
Participant presentation and short recap of previous CM FORUM event results.
11.00 Saab EDS presentation
- The Saab EDS organisation and its relation to Saab’s product solutions and other Saab business areas
- Saab EDS’ challenges from a lifecycle and system perspective
- Current CM function at Saab EDS – identified challenges and opportunities
12.00 Lunch break
13.00 Workshop: How can CM enable business downstream?
We often find that CM practices are scoped or optimized for a particular lifecycle phase. A development department might for instance have rigged a well performing CM function supporting the development process, a maintenance organisation might have addressed and solved CM challenges related to the operational phase etc. This can be explained by seeing how we often organize the responsibility for particular engineering activities, including responsibility for CM, against particular lifecycle phases.
But this is far from effective system lifecycle management. CM must enable linkage between engineering efforts across lifecycle phases. Of particular business value is if CM can facilitate a downstream perspective during upstream activities as well as traceability back to early design phases as the system enters the operational phase. This can reduce risk and create profitable through life support opportunities. The key question for the workshop to answer is therefore:
What requirements on the CM function in the early lifecycle phases are necessary to exploit business opportunities during utilization and support lifecycle phases?
The expected outcomes of the workshop are documented conclusions capturing:
- The participators experiences regarding how to implement CM that supports the whole lifecycle;
- Practical strategies (“dos-and-don’ts”) to facilitate efficient aftermarket business by means of CM. this can be related to governance, processes & methods, organizational aspects, competences, information architectures, IT-tools, etc;
- Examples of how CM can mitigate risk and create opportunities when resources for through life support are forecasted
15.00 Closing discussion
Summarising the day and the agreed steps ahead.
Registration is closed.